Thanks to all for your support!
We’re happy to share that we were able to raise $10,034.98 in donations for the American Red Cross! We have been blown away by your kindness, and we’re grateful to everyone who took part in making a positive impact with us. We are all truly together in spirit!
"In times of crisis, the Red Cross is fortunate to witness the best of humanity as people roll up a sleeve to help those in need. We greatly appreciate the generosity of the public."
There are always other ways to help too! Spreading awareness of the need for blood donations, volunteering to help at their facilities, or donating blood yourself are all great ways to contribute!
Below are some key facts that the Red Cross has provided to help inform everyone on the current situation with the Red Cross:
The Red Cross currently faces an urgent need for blood donations to prevent another blood shortage as hospitals resume surgical procedures and patient treatments that were temporarily paused earlier this spring in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In recent weeks, hospital demand for blood has grown by 30% after sharply declining in early April amid this rapidly changing and complex public health crisis.
- At the same time, blood drives continue to be canceled as many businesses and community organizations remain closed.
- There is no known end date in this fight against coronavirus, and the Red Cross urgently needs the help of donors and blood drive hosts to ensure blood products are readily available for patients.
- It’s important to remember that blood is perishable and cannot be stockpiled.
As a humanitarian organization, we are committed to helping others in meaningful ways during this pandemic. The Red Cross is testing all blood, platelet and plasma donations for COVID-19 antibodies to provide donors insight into whether they may have been exposed to this coronavirus.
- Red Cross donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days through our Red Cross Blood Donor App or on our donor portal at RedCrossBlood.org.
- To protect the health and safety of our staff and donors, it is important that individuals who do not feel well postpone donation. We are not testing donors to diagnose illness.
- A positive antibody test result does not confirm infection or immunity.
Each Red Cross blood drive and donation center follows the highest standards of safety and infection control.
To ensure the health of staff and donors, precautions include:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
This is the time to take care of one another, and blood donation is essential to ensuring the health of those in our community. If you are feeling well, please make an appointment today to give by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS.
- The need for blood is constant, and donors are the only source of blood for those in need.
- Donors are asked to schedule an appointment prior to arriving at the drive and are required to wear a face covering or mask while at the drive, in alignment with new CDC public guidance.
Thank you once again for your kind and generous support!
Original Post: May 18, 2020
In the Disgaea universe, Red Moon Day is a special day where Prinnies gather to be reincarnated. In honor of this event, every summer we extend an invitation to our fans to gather at our “Red Moon Day” event at our local convention in Los Angeles, California. This event gives fans and NISA staff alike a chance to gather and celebrate our love of the Disgaea series together, as well as meet our mascot, Prinny. It is truly one of our most anticipated days of the entire year!
We are disappointed that we can’t hold our normal gathering this year due to current events, but we still want to uphold the spirit of community inspired by Red Moon Day while celebrating the friendships we have made over the last few years. Thus, we are partnering with The American Red Cross to host the Red Moon Day Charity Fundraiser 2020 as a way to give back to the community and remind others that even if we may feel far apart from everything and everyone, we are not alone. We are together in spirit!
From May 18 to July 31, you can purchase our exclusive Red Moon Day Charity Fundraiser 2020 T-Shirt. The full cost of this shirt ($19.99) will be donated to the American Red Cross to help support their efforts in aiding those who are suffering from emergencies.
Additionally, since Red Moon Day is about reincarnation, giving blood is a fantastic way to help out while potentially saving a life! Blood donation is essential to ensuring the health of our communities. The need for blood is constant, and volunteer donors are the only source of blood for those in need. This is the time to take care of one another. If you are healthy and feeling well, please make an appointment to donate in the weeks ahead by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
For more insight into how they are helping others during this time, our friends at the American Red Cross would like to share the following message:
Help the American Red Cross continue to deliver its life saving mission.
- Ensure the American Red Cross maintains a sufficient supply of blood to help patients in need and prevent any shortages.
- Ensure that, due to this Coronavirus outbreak, the American Red Cross is able to provide critical relief services to people affected by disasters big and small.
Thank you for continuing to make Red Moon Day a special time for the community. We're happy to celebrate this event in a different yet impactful way with all of you, and we appreciate your support. Let’s make this a Red Moon Day to remember, dood!